Continuing Glaucous Gull

Richard Bradus

Thankfully the Glaucous Gull continues it's daily routine (and much thanks to those who have posted its appearances over the past few days so that I was finally able to see it).

At Sutro Baths it flew in around 7:30ish to rest and bathe in the freshwater pond with the mixed gull flock, hanging around until about 7:45am when it flew off, going behind the first large offshore rock and disappearing to who knows where. Lots of confusing gulls (confusing for me anyway) with a number of hybrids. Also quite active with small birds, including sparrows, warblers, finches, kinglets, bushtits, territorial hummers and both male and female yellowthroats - nice!

Richard Bradus