Blue-winged Teal continues @ Mountain Lake

Ken Moy

Good morning all,

Female blue-winged teal seen from the 'beach' by the playground @ 8:30 - 8:50am on Friday the 13th perched in the reeds at the waterline on the west shore just 10-20 feet north of 2 grayish white logs in the reeds. I was able to see the eye crescent, and light patch at the base of a large dark bill through a scope @ 45X when the bird occasionally moved its head. With bins, I was able to make out streaky light colored breast, dark head and yellowish legs. The bird did not emerge during the time I was there.

Also of note, 2 eared grebes near the beach.

Good birding to all,

Ken