Re: Green-tailed Towhee

Siobhan Ruck

Still there at 5:20, just west of pipe, feeding on both sides of canal

Siobhan Ruck

On Oct 12, 2020, at 4:37 PM, C Lou <cdlou37@...> wrote:

The bird is feeding in the dirt across the canal. As Aaron described. Feeding for lady 20 minutes. with Logan and Cedric.

Calvin Lou
SF

-------- Original message --------
From: Aaron Maizlish <amm.birdlists@...>
Date: 10/12/20 1:54 PM (GMT-08:00)
To: SF Birds <sfbirds@groups.io>
Subject: [SFBirds] Green-tailed Towhee

A Green-Tailed Towhee was found by Dorian Anderson this morning at the NW end of Vista Grande Canal west of John Muir Drive at Lake Merced.  Several of us spent a few hours staking out the spot without success.

The Towhee has been refound a bit further south. It’s on the west side of the canal about 50 feet north of the black pipe, which is about 200 feet north of the concrete bridge. It’s scratching on the ground now m the shade about a foot below the edge of the golf course turf.  City bird for me.

Aaron Maizlish
San Francisco CA