Fort scott today

Eddie Monson

Hello all,
Today I birded Fort Scott from 10:30-1 before heading over to the battery. It was a beautiful day with some nice birds as well. The first rarity of the day was a Clay-colored Sparrow on the lawn behind the Log Cabin with some White crowns. After watching that for a few minutes I meandered over to Kobbe and Upton where I met David Armstrong. After he left to go look for the Clay colored I ran into a Hammond's Flycatcher on the big lawn west up Upton just past Kobbe. After this I headed over to the northwest side of the soccer field where I started a hawkwatch with David and Aaron M. (who had joined us by this time) and David and I had the same juvenile Swainson's hawk fly by that the Battery crew did. Other than that not a ton of passerine migrants but the hawk movement was decent and overall just a great day to be outside.
Good birding
Eddie