Re: Shearwaters

Smokey Bear

Probably because of the strong overnight winds, there was not a single sooty to be seen this morning (8/5). I watched from the Cliff House at 8 and then moved to the Land’s End overlook at Mile Rock. Plenty of good birds, just nothing that could have been a shearwater.

Anna

On Aug 4, 2020, at 15:47, Aaron Maizlish <amm.birdlists@gmail.com> wrote:

Up to 50,000 Sooty Shearwaters are hanging out past Seal Rock at the Cliff House. Mostly they are just sitting on the water 3/4 to the horizon, or streaming south in small groups, they’re stretched out down Ocean Beach as well. If I stand here long enough with my camera maybe I will luck out and pick up a good bird or two in there.

Aaron Maizlish.