Re: American Redstart at BG now

Dario Taraborelli

Adding my +1 to Mick's suggestion to avoid acronyms for locations, banding codes etc, unless necessary (or unless they are already expanded in the body of an email). With more people joining this list who are new to birding or new to the Bay Area, and eager to learn from the existing community, fewer acronyms mean a more inclusive environment and fewer barriers to participation.

The benefit of reaching and engaging more people with this list vastly exceeds the minor annoyance of having to expand an acronym in my opinion.

My 2 cents,
Dario

On Sun, Jul 12, 2020 at 9:29 AM Mick Griffin <londontile@...> wrote:
To me as a new member to the group it would be best to use full names because I wouldn’t be familiar with any of the abbreviations….

Thanks

Mick Griffin
LONDON TILE
415.302.1489

Mick Griffin
LONDON TILE
415.302.1489

On Jul 12, 2020, at 9:11 AM, Dominik Mosur via groups.io <polskatata@...> wrote:

Hi Nancy,

Just FYI, “BG“ has been used on this list for close to two decades as an shorthand for Battery Godfrey in the Presidio.

Can I suggest using “Arb” as a shorthand for the Botanical Garden/Arboretum as has been the custom instead if you want to use a shorthand for this location?

Thank you,

Dominik Mosur
SFBirds co-moderator
On Jul 12, 2020, at 08:14, Nancy Palmer <nancy_palmer@...> wrote:

Next to greenhouse in CA native garden. Male with bright orange on sides.