Re: Male Summer Tanager (Scarlet tanager) question
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Summer Tanagers have been visiting Glen Canyon Park off and on for years. Recently, a male bird has stayed for months starting from fall 2019 until spring 2020 and possibly beyond. For a detailed account, please explore ebird *Species Maps* by following the steps outlined below.
1. Go to https://ebird.org/explore
2. Click on / select Species Maps
3. Sign in to your ebird account if you have one.
3a. If you don't have an ebird account, create an ebird account to continue.
3b. If log in is successful, a Species Maps page will show up.
4. Type in *Summer Tanager* in Species textbox on Species Maps page
5. Click / select Summer Tanager in dropdown menu
6. Type in *Glen Canyon* in LOCATION textbox
7. Click / select Glen Canyon Park, Chenery St., San Francisco, CA, USA in dropdown menu
8. Results of the search of ebird database provide the information regarding sightings of Summer Tanager at this location
9. Click on +/- buttons to zoom in further for more accurate spot
10. Select / click large blue (or red sometimes) drop pin for Glen Canyon Park
11. Scroll through the list of reports on popup menu
12. Select and explore ebird reports to find information regarding sightings of Summer Tanager at Glen Canyon Park
On Friday, May 29, 2020, 2:07:24 PM PDT, Pamela Llewellyn via groups.io <pamelallewellyn@...> wrote:
yes - thank you. I did mean summer tanager
CPESC, QSD, QSP
On Friday, May 29, 2020, 01:48:36 PM PDT, S. R. Gilbert <sgilbert524@...> wrote:
For summer tanager in Glen Canyon:
Early January 2020.
On Friday, May 29, 2020, 01:40:11 PM PDT, Joachim Gonzalez <gonzalexgaming21@...> wrote:
I assume you mean the adult male Summer Tanager that was there, not a Scarlet Tanager
On Fri, May 29, 2020 at 1:39 PM Pamela Llewellyn via groups.io <email@example.com> wrote: