Re: Northern Parula - Lily Pond

Sarah Burton

TELL IT TO STAY PUT

On Fri, May 15, 2020 at 1:17 PM Dario Taraborelli <dario.taraborelli@...> wrote:
Still singing at lily pond at 1:15

On May 15, 2020, at 11:41, Richard Bradus via groups.io <grizzledjay=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Thanks Brian!

The Parula was singing quite a bit when I arrived at 9:30 from trees on the hill above the south of the lake, then while foraging in the acacias above the west side, occasionally into the oaks and coming closer to the mob at the south side again (in the company of Juan Garcia, Brian Fitch, and others), but only afforded us brief glimpses. It was seen in association with a Wilson's (along with an additional pair of Wilson's) and there were a number of other singers including Warbling Vireo, Swainson's Thrush, Pac-slope Flycatcher and Black-headed Grosbeak. It flew off to the north for a short time but returned singing and eventually, along with Max Benningfield, was able to follow it to the acacias where we got short but nice views as it foraged and sang from the lower reaches of the tree. Nice!

As Brian has noted, the Lily Pond is closed and there is construction going on, so the best way to approach is from the hill above the east side of the Rhody Dell or from some trails of use off Pelosi Dr. coming from the AIDS Memorial Grove.

Richard Bradus
San Francisco

On Friday, May 15, 2020, 9:50:44 AM PDT, Brian Turner <brianturner6@...> wrote:

Parula still singing loudly as of 9:30.

Because the Lily Pond trail remains closed to pedestrian traffic I'd advise observing this bird atop the hill at east end of the Rhodedendon Dell.

Good birding,
Brian Turner

On Fri, May 15, 2020, 7:05 AM Joachim Gonzalez <gonzalexgaming21@...> wrote:
Currently singing on the south end of the Pond where the cut up dead branches are.

Good Birding,
Joachim Gonzalez