Seeking ID assistance

Jessica Bolton

Hi all,

I am new to SF birding scene (I moved here from Australia last year) and I am really enjoying getting to know the local species. That said, I have come across a few species that I haven’t been able to verify. I was hoping to get some assistance in ID-ing the following birds. I have narrowed them down to the species I think they might be but I would love confirmation from some local experts.

1a+1b: Red-breasted Sapsucker? SF Botanical Garden
2: Downy Woodpecker or Nuttall’s Woodpecker? SF Botanical Garden
3a+3b: Hermit thrush? SF Botanical Garden
4: Red-shoulderd Hawk? SF Botanical Garden
5: Cooper’s Hawk? SF Botanical Garden

Many thanks, and happy birding!!

Cheers,
Jess