Black Skimmers and other local interest

David Assmann

There were 3 BLACK SKIMMERS in Crissy Lagoon this afternoon (first spotted yesterday) so we currently have Skimmers at two locations in San Francisco. Yesterday at the GGAS walk at Fort Mason, participants had good looks at the continuing adult male ORCHARD ORIOLE and the YELLOW-SHAFTED NORTHERN FLICKER. A BONAPARTE’S GULL was in Aquatic Park early yesterday morning and a NASHVILLE WARBLER continues in the Community Garden. On Saturday I had my FOS ALLEN’S HUMMINGBIRD at Fort Mason. Also on Saturday a RED-NECKED GREBE was in the water north of the Wave Organ.