Re: Wilson's warblers on Rosemary

Hi Barbara,

I suspect you're probably seeing Lesser or American Goldfinches. They too are small yellowish birds with black caps.

They likelihood of seeing "3 (or more)"!! Wilson's Warblers in Northern California mid-winter is extremely low and I dare say unheard of.

Even when this species is moving through at peak migration (April-May and again August-September) seeing multiple birds together away from good habitat is unusual in the City.

Dominik

On Jan 15, 2020, at 10:33, Barbara London via Groups.Io <sfcraig2005@...> wrote:

We have had 3 (or more) wilson's warblers visit our yard (outer, outer Parkside) and they really like our rosemary shrubs.   We have the shorter, prostrating (but not prostrate) forms of this plant. We have seen these birds in our yard in December.   I was under the impression that these birds are not in San Francisco during the winter.  Easy to recognize with their black caps and yellowish bodies.