Re: Murrelet rescue

Loretta

Hi Leslie,

It's wonderful that you and others took the time and got the bird to Wildcare. I'm sure they'll take good care of it.

SF Animal Control (415-554-6364) will pick up injured and orphaned wildlife, but you are at the mercy of their officer availability. If you can safely handle the animal, it's more expedient to bring it to them, or to bring the animal directly to a wildlife rescue group.

We have Wildcare in the North Bay and Peninsula Humane Society's Wildlife department in Burlingame. (There's also the Wildlife Center of Silicon Valley in San Jose.)

It's best to bring the animal to the closest center, because Fish and Game requires them to release the animal back to the same location.

Birders for birds, yay!

Thanks,

Loretta

On Tuesday, November 19, 2019, 2:25:31 PM PST, birdwoman7007 <sen007@...> wrote:

Hi Birders,
     Sorry for this delay of this post.
On Sunday I was photographing the red footed booby and went down the beach to film other birds.
I noticed this juv. Murrelet floated in and looked ill, so I followed it up shore to which it beached itself.
 Other birders were there filming RFB and Jules came to help.  We called Wild care which was open
so Jules took it to Marin. Shout out to JULES. Thanks YOU GO!.
   FYIThe group also saw the tri-colored heron on Sunday too at rodeo beach.
Is there any agency in theSF  city that will pick up birds?

Happy Birding, Leslie