Blackpoll warbler, GGP Alvord Lake

Bob Hall

I was passing by Alvord Lake with no bins, but the place was jumping and stopped me. Four townsends nearly collided with my chest during bug sorties. I saw a suspicious bird but couldn't nail it down. Went home and wolfed down lunch then returned with bins. Most of the warblers were gone except the slow moving blackpoll that would occasionally go to the ground. Most of the birds were hanging out in what looks like a hawthorn tree with berries near the lake.
--
Bob Hall
San Francisco, CA