Re: Red-Footed Booby, Crissy Field

Brian Fitch

The Red-footed Booby is on the old pilings just north of the Coast Guard Pier, which is at the west end of Crissey Field in the Presidio, and just south of the Warming Hut.  It isn't easy to see from land if its head is tucked in sleep, and the pier is technically of-limits, but at least it's not toxic like Hunter's Point.  Most observers are entering the pier gate for excellent viewing.

The bird was reported around 1:40 only on eBird, which shows again why that platform needs to have headlines or titles to its reports, instead of only reporter's name, the locale, and numerical values.  Quality of sighting is ignored the way it currently is formatted, which is ridiculous in my humble opinion.

Thank you Abe Borker, for getting the report into the mainstream.
Brian Fitch

On Fri, Nov 8, 2019 at 2:22 PM Abe Borker <abeborker@...> wrote:
I have just received a second-hand report of a Red-footed Booby on the pier by the Sanctuary office on Crissy Field.

On Wed, Nov 6, 2019 at 1:50 PM William Grant <wbgrant@...> wrote:
Seen at the top plaza, first on top of shrubs in the "island" at the W end,
then flying a few yards north. Posting at ebird.org.
Bill