Re: Ferry / Sue Bierman Park - Black-throated Green Warbler

Jack Hayden

You're welcome Pat! I just returned from the park and also had some fleeting views of the Black-Throated Green Warbler. One of the sapsuckers looks good for a Red Naped x Red Breasted Hybrid: distinct black and white face stripe overlaid with some touches of red, red limited to throat, upper breast, and crown and nape of head, white stripe extending behind eye discernible. I'll have to look at my images later. A continuing House Wren was heard in the western section of the park and a Varied Thrush was present.

Jack Hayden
Albany