Battery Godfrey; 10/10

Brian Fitch

All night easterlies gave some of us hope of good bird movement today, but results were less exciting than we wished for.  Sightings of interest included:

Greater White-fronted Goose - 1, and 5 over Marin
Cackling Goose - 7 with 5 White-fronts over Marin
Canada Goose - apparent Lessers, with small beaks and small dark bodies, a little too large for Cacklers
Gadwall - 3
American Wigeon - a few
Northern Shoveler -  "  "
Northern Pintail - few flocks
Greater Scaup - "  "
Surf Scoter - "  "
Common Merganser - 2 F
American White Pelican - flock of 21 spotted by Joachim Gonzalez; only the 2nd time I've seen the species from BG
Osprey - 3
Northern Harrier - 1
Sharp-shinned, Cooper's, Red-sh, & Red-tailed Hawks - a few each
American Kestrel - 1
Merlin - 1
Black-bellied Plover - 2 through the Gate
Killdeer - flock of 19
Red-breasted Sapsucker - 2
Northern Flicker - orange, yellow, and mixed
Cassin's Vireo - 1
Varied Thrush - 10+
American Pipit - 150+
prob Clay-colored Sparrow - flyby small sparrow with unstreaked pale undersides
Western Meadowlark - flock of 18, mult. others

Brian Fitch