Local Interest - Fort Mason, etc.

David Assmann

Had my first AMERICAN WIGEONS of the season at Heron's Head Park yesterday. At Lake Merced, there were still nine RED-NECKED PHALAROPES. I saw 12 SNOWY PLOVERS on Ocean Beach. This morning the ORCHARD ORIOLE was visible shortly after dawn in the Fort Mason Community Garden, but disappeared after 7:20, and I wasn't able to find it later. YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLER numbers continue to climb at Fort Mason, with at least 50 today. WESTERN MEADOWLARKS kept landing in trees - there were at least 15 moving through. Other sightings included a CHIPPING SPARROW, a SAVANNAH SPARROW, 6+ WESTERN TANAGERS, 4 ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS, a WARBLING VIREO, a PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER, and my fos RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER at Fort Mason (a few days late).