Re: BWWA

Aaron Maizlish

BAWA is actually the code for Bachman's Warbler.  Now that would have me running out the door!

Aaron Maizlish

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 8:59 PM Peter Pyle <ppyle@...> wrote:
Sorry yes BAWW. P

On Oct 3, 2019, at 20:37, Frank Fogarty <fogartyfa@...> wrote:

Isn’t the code for Black-and-White Warbler BAWW?

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 7:57 PM Peter Pyle <ppyle@...> wrote:
Dave DeSante would like me to relay the following re use of
four-letter codes, to please try and use the correct ones. He was out
the door for a Blue-winged Warbler, but then read the message below
(via Sialia). The correct code for Black-and-white Warbler is BAWA
(<https://www.birdpop.org/pages/birdSpeciesCodes.php>https://www.birdpop.org/pages/birdSpeciesCodes.php).

I would add that I'm a big fan of these codes and use them frequently
in eBird reports, but always after mentioning the full name first (or
in comments under a full-named species) and would encourage this
practice in SF Birds subject lines and text.

Good birding all,

Peter