Re: BWWA

Peter Pyle

Dave DeSante would like me to relay the following re use of four-letter codes, to please try and use the correct ones. He was out the door for a Blue-winged Warbler, but then read the message below (via Sialia). The correct code for Black-and-white Warbler is BAWA (<https://www.birdpop.org/pages/birdSpeciesCodes.php>https://www.birdpop.org/pages/birdSpeciesCodes.php).

I would add that I'm a big fan of these codes and use them frequently in eBird reports, but always after mentioning the full name first (or in comments under a full-named species) and would encourage this practice in SF Birds subject lines and text.

Good birding all,

Peter

At 12:53 PM 10/3/2019, Chris Vance wrote:

Black and white warbler at Strawberry Hill.
11:45. Looking NE from falls in bare tree.
Good birding!
Chris Vance