AWP remain at Crissy

Richard Bradus

Hi all

Beautiful morning, and it seems that the American White Pelicans have decided to stay to enjoy our warm spell. All three remain at Crissy Field Lagoon, mostly sleeping or preening on the main sandbar at high tide between about 10:15 - 11 am. Nice contrast with the Brown Pelicans (and cormorants). The lack of resting places at high tide meant an absence of the large tern flocks others have noted, with just a few Caspians. There were a select group of other shorebirds and a bit of interest was supplied by two Coopers/Sharp-shinned Hawks, one of which I inadvertently spooked out of its hiding place in the small trees along the west side.

Nice to be out on a day without the fog!

Richard Bradus