Fort Mason Local Interest - Blue Gray Gnatcatcher, Warbling Vireo, Warblers

David Assmann

For about 30 minutes this morning, the Battery was full of birds - 10 WILSON'S WARBLERS, an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER, 2 HOODED ORIOLES, at least one YELLOW WARBLER, a WARBLING VIREO and a BLUE GRAY GNATCATCHER. All of these birds moved through quickly, and were gone by 8 am. I also spent some time at El Polin Springs, where a PACIFIC-SLOPE FLYCATCHER was the only migrant I was able to find.  Final stop was Crissy Lagoon, where there were at least 1,500 ELEGANT TERNS.