American Redstart — McLaren Park upper pond

Daniel Scali

All,

This one (I’m guessing a young male from the female colors but powerful singing) sang consistently from 8-10am, jumping from tree to tree and in the willows; all along the east side of the pond, as in opposite side of the parking lot. Why did I spend 2 entire hours with the bird, you ask? It was so stunning in the early light that I desperately wanted a nice photo. Alas, photographing warblers is as fun as getting one’s teeth cleaned with a water drill. Maybe next time...

Also it was still there when I left.

Dan