Re: Gray Flycatcher et al

Aaron Maizlish

I came down to the Campbell Street steps in hopes of seeing the Ash-throated Flycatcher reported this morning (county-year birding is a degenerative condition.).  I haven’t seen one yet, but the Gray Flycatcher is putting on a fantastic show for me right now.  Half way up the steps.

Aaron Maizlish
San Francisco.

On May 20, 2019, at 10:24 AM, Daniel Scali <daniel.s.scali@...> wrote:

Birdsters!

Just 100 yds up the stairs at the Campbell Ave entrance to McLaren Park. The thicket on the n side is awesomely productive this morning. Gray Flycatcher (all the id ticks from Dom’s last week including great vocalizations and downward tail flicking), Yellow Warbler, Wilson’s Warbler, Ash-throated Flycatcher, and a Yellow-rumped Warbler which popped out of some coyote brush. Also what I thought was a “spitting” female Lazuli Bunting but it was also giving off Cowbird vibes. There seemed to be two spitters until I realized it was the Gray Flycatcher whitting back at the mystery bird.

This is right next Vis Valley Middleschool so if you come through, be careful where you’re pointing those cameras and binskis.

Good birding,
Dan Scali, SF