From: SFBirds@groups.io <SFBirds@groups.io> On Behalf Of Peter Pyle
Sent: Saturday, May 4, 2019 8:16 PM
To: Alvaro Jaramillo <chucao@...>
Cc: SFBirds@groups.io
Subject: Re: [SFBirds] Possible Black-tailed Gull Lake Merced Boathouse

I've done some research and can't find close matches with second-cycle
Black-tailed so will re-identify it in eBird as Gull sp.
The back still looks dark to me for CAGU and I'd like to find one with a
tail pattern like this bird has. Both species at this age are of course
extremely variable, which makes it but fun and a challenge.
Comments on specific identification criteria, pro and con, still welcomed.

Peter

At 07:48 PM 5/4/2019, Alvaro Jaramillo wrote:
Peter
It is a California Gull with a deformed bill.

alvaro@...