Possible White-throated Sparrow

Daniel Scali

Hey birders,

At McLaren Park Sunday morning I heard a faint song coming from dense coyote brush that rang a bell of White-throated Sparrows I heard singing a few summers ago in Nova Scotia. Also vocalizing was a loud White-crowned Sparrow. 2 Golden-crowned Sparrows popped out as well. Has anybody ever heard immature WCs or Goldens singing like a White-throated? Possibility of a hybrid? Check out my recording at the bottom of the attached ebird list.

eBird Checklist - 28 Apr 2019 - McLaren Park - 38 species (+2 other taxa)

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55511841

Cheers,
Dan Scali SF