Local Interest in southern SF

Oscar Moss

This morning I had a very productive morning on Mt Davidson. Many Cassin’s Vireos were hanging out and singing in shrubs and cypresses along the euc edge. 2 hammond’s Flys were hanging out together and one chased the other. By the south trailhead. Other migrants were around as well. 6 Black-headed Grosbeaks were in a bush together. A bright male Western Tanager was in a tree on the eastern slope, providing amazing views. Warblers were also present: Yellow-rumped, Nashville, Black-throated Gray, Townsends, and Hermit. 2 Bullock’s Orioles.

At the end of the day I went to bernal Hill looking for raptors. Lots around but no Swanson’s Hawks! Lol. Most exciting was this Hammond’s/Dusky Flycatcher on the north side of the hill. I think Hammond’s but would appreciate feedback. Link to photos here:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S55110788

Also a Western Kingbird.

Oscar