Warblers at Fort Mason

David Assmann

Warblers were on the move last night - this morning I had my fos HERMIT and YELLOW WARBLER in the garden. There's also a very bright ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER that could be mistaken for a Yellow without close examination. There appeared to be more YELLOW-RUMPED WARBLERS than earlier in the week. Oriole identification is likely to be a little trickier the next few days - a young male HOODED ORIOLE was on the east side of the garden this morning, while the ORCHARD ORIOLE was on the west side. Fox Sparrows seem to have left, and I could find only two GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROWS. A bright male AMERICAN GOLDFINCH was also in the garden.