Fort Mason and other local interest

David Assmann

Yesterday morning the WANDERING TATTLER was walking along the edge of the shore in Aquatic Park, less than 10 feet away from me. The RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKER was on the hillside above the path leading up from Aquatic Park.  The ORCHARD ORIOLE was singing non-stop again. A MERLIN was sitting on top of the headquarters building.  Today I found the ORCHARD ORIOLE again, but not the other species. Hundreds and hundreds of COMMON MURRES were flying just offshore at the Cliff House this morning. WILSON'S WARBLERS were on the Battery to Bluffs Trail. At Fort Scott, a CHIPPING SPARROW was near the ballfield.