Re: Fort Mason RFI

Ralph

Thanks to those who responded. I was able to find a 4-hour spot right next to the garden, and after half-an-hour of searching I finally found the continuing ORCHARD ORIOLE in a rose bush at the center of the garden. I only had a couple of brief looks at him before he flew off and hid in a tree at the top of the stairs behind the maintenance shed, though. (I did manage one picture from below but it only shows his belly and part of a wing!) I also tried twice today, once in the morning and once in the evening (had an appointment at UCSF Medical Center at 1:00), for the Summer Tanager at Glen Canyon Park but both of those attempts were unsuccessful. I did find a new favorite banding code, though, OROR.

Ralph Baker, Riverbank