Orchard and Hooded Orioles, Brant - Fort Mason and Lafayette Park local interest

David Assmann

I spent a good deal of the morning scanning the Bay from the Battery and was rewarded with a BRANT that flew quite close to shore, my FOS PIGEON GUILLEMOT and four COMMON MURRES. The garden had the continuing ORCHARD ORIOLE and an ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER. Found a second BUSHTIT nest - this one still under construction (a pair of NUTTALL'S WOODPECKERS are also working on a nest).  A MERLIN sat on the roof of the headquarters, and a WARBLING VIREO was behind the General's House. At Lafayette Park, I was able to find the adult male HOODED ORIOLE that Lori reported yesterday.