Early Spring Birds

Joachim Gonzalez

This afternoon I went on a quick walk in the McLaren Lodge area of GGP to try to help my fever, and it was quite productive. Lots of birds singing with big numbers of ~50 Dark Eyed Juncos which in the past week or so have started singing, I even heard a Ruby Crowned Kinglet singing. Best of all was my FOS Pacific Slope Flycatcher which was calling close to the corner of Fulton and Stanyan streets.

Also a good mixed flock of Yellow Rumps and Townsend’s, although I didnt spend a huge amount of time picking through them because of my fever. Good 30 minute walk.

Good Birding