Fort Mason and Crissy Field Local Interest

David Assmann

Spent the first half of the morning at Fort Mason, where the ORCHARD ORIOLE continued in the garden. An ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLER near the west side of the garden was very aggressive, chasing after AMERICAN ROBINS - a behavior I have not observed before. On my way to Crissy Field I stopped at the Yacht Harbor, where four SURFBIRDS foraged on the rocks. At the northwest corner of Crissy Lagoon, two SAVANNAH SPARROWS were in the willows, and on the field I observed several WESTERN MEADOWLARKS and spotted an AMERICAN PIPIT.