Common gallinule

Aaron Maizlish

The Common Gallinule (neé Moorhen) reported by Brian Fitch this morning is present at the NE corner of the concrete bridge though it is not at all cooperative.

Deep in the reeds about 20’ north of the bridge, I could t see more than 20% of it at any one time. Nonetheless saw enough of the brown back, white stripe and General sIze and shape to satisfy myself. It’s moving around a lot so bound to come out in the open occasionally.

I’ve been very sick with the flu all week, but thankfully a steady diet of rarities keeps me getting out. Along with the skimmers and the cattle egret this is my third SF county bird this week! Keep ‘em coming.

Aaron Maizlish