post storm Pelagic

Alvaro Jaramillo

Hello folks

    The oncoming storm made us shift our sold out pelagic from Saturday to Sunday. This change has opened up some spots. The winds will be dying down Saturday night, and weather will be calming throughout the day on Sunday. We plan to scour the inshore areas early on in the day looking for alcids and Black-legged Kittiwake, and then head out farther offshore to see if we can find albatross. This time of year is excellent for Laysan Albatross if we can get to the albatross habitat. Post storms, you never know what could be out there. At the Morro Bay Bird Festival a couple of weeks ago post storm we found Laysan Albatross as well as an out of season Buller’s Shearwater in addition to great looks at Short-tailed Shearwater, and Black-legged Kittiwakes. Many of the Common Murre and Rhinoceros Auklet were in fine breeding plumage. We hope to be able to find some nice stuff this Sunday.

   To sign up: http://alvarosadventures.com/boat-trips/pelagics/

Good birding.

alvaro@...