Re: Tribe of Grackles at L. Merced

greylag64@...

The GTGR at Westlake were counted on the CBC by the Colma team.
Laurie Graham

On Jan 14, 2019, at 09:16, Peter Pyle <ppyle@...> wrote:

They were certainly not there on the CBC. Both this year and last, 2-3 of us checked the entire concrete bridge area 3-4 times each to no avail. So it makes sense that they are primarily elsewhere in winter. P

At 09:07 AM 1/14/2019, Dominik Mosur wrote:
I think Great-tailed Grackles that nest at Lake Merced may spend the winter at Westlake shopping center.

When the Lake Merced colony first started around 2012-2013, I recall hearing about a single male grackle and sometimes a pair in the Home Depot parking lot.

As the grackle breeding colony has grown so it seems has the Westlake population in the non-breeding season.

Dominik
On Jan 13, 2019, at 20:12, Nancy Palmer <nancy_palmer@...> wrote:

Hi Eddie,
I saw a group of about 20 Great-Tailed Grackles in the Home Depot parking lot at West Lake Center on December 8 but never reported it.
I was curious about them because I hadn’t seen the LM group in awhile. So perhaps they have been here all winter?
Best,
Nancy Palmer
SF

<image1.jpeg>