Re: Palace of Fine Arts, Four geese species, but departed shortly after 2:00 pm Thursday, Nov. 22

Paul Saraceni

Another location for the goose flock is Spreckels Lake in Golden Gate Park -- on Monday (11/19) @ 8:45 AM I observed the 1 Snow Goose, 1 Greater White-fronted Goose, and 9 Cackling Geese there together among many Canada Geese (and American Coots).

A few other species of less-common waterfowl I've observed in SF this week:
Green-winged Teal 3 -- group flying S over the ocean from sea watch on 11/20
Northern Pintail 11 -- group flying SE over north Lake Merced on 11/20
Common Goldeneye 9 -- group flying E past Battery Godfrey on 11/19

Paul Saraceni
San Francisco

On November 22, 2018 at 3:04 PM William Grant <wbgrant@...> wrote:

Cackling Goose - 8; Snow Goose, Greater White-fronted Goose, Canada Goose

Jesse Ellis, arrived at 10:08 am
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50137263

I arrived at 1:42
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50130987

Around 2:05 they flew away.

May be at the Crissy Field Lagoon or elsewhere nearby.

Happy birding,

Bill