Re: photos of Lesser Black-backed Gull and other notes 11/19/2018

Peter Pyle

Interestingly the first record of LBBG for SF County (I believe) was recorded just a week ago on the Farallones:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49905257
The Ocean Beach bird is a year younger then the Farallon bird, so not the same. Great find Jonah and Dominik,

Peter

At 05:05 PM 11/19/2018, Dominik Mosur wrote:
Here's a link to the checklist with the photos:

<https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50057251>https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50057251

Additional sightings of note today included :

Snowy Plovers - 27 roosting on Ocean Beach

Say's Phoebes - 2 at Polo Fields, singles at Beach Chalet and Ocean Beach north dunes

American Pipits - 15+ on Ocean Beach plus 1 over Beach Chalet, 4 at Polo fields

Golden-crowned Kinglets - continue with flock in cypresses south side of polo fields

PALM WARBLER - in dunes above Ocean Beach at Kirkham

Western Meadowlarks - 3 in dunes on Ocean Beach

For what it's worth, I went back out this afternoon checking Ocean Beach and Lake Merced at the Boathouse. No gulls roosting at the beach but hundreds were circling overhead and settling to roost at Lake Merced.

Good luck,

Dominik Mosur