Fort Mason Local Interest - Hooded Oriole

David Assmann

A HOODED ORIOLE has now been in the Fort Mason Community Garden for five days, mostly in the southwest corner. A WHITE-THROATED and a LINCOLN'S SPARROW have been fairly easy to find in the garden as well the last two days. A HOUSE WREN continues in the garden as well. I was struck by the number of FOX SPARROWS in the garden this morning - at one point there were eight foraging within 10 feet of me, with a total of at least 15 in and around the garden. There were more Fox Sparrows than GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROWS! A Coyote was walking around the garden as well.