Black-throated Green Warbler, Stow Lake, G.G. P.

Lee Guichan

Hello,
I re-found the Black-throated Green Warbler (Brian Turner found yesterday at Strawbery Hill) at 12:15pm, today at Stow Lake Drive East, it was on both sides of the street, but most on a large shrub with leaves that curl, on the North side of the street. Nancy P. & I observed it for about one minute while it preened. It was past Stow Lake Roman Bridge, south side just past the Heron Colony island.
There were two Townsend's Warblers & one Yellow -rump Warbler in the tree  that had long thin leaves

I alerted the other birders photographers who were at the lower Log Cabin Trail looking for the Blackburnian Warbler, but we could not re-find the Black-throated Green Warbler.

Then about 2:25pm it was re-spotted among the group including me, that returned to the location where I had found it earlier, it was it a tree that had long thin leaves. Eight observers got to see it. There were three Townsend's Warblers, & two Ruby-crowned Kinglets
Do not know the name of the trees.

Earlier in the morning the Blackburnian continued in the large oak at the lower Log Cabin Trail.
Log Cabin Trail : Six Ruby-crowned Kinglets, one Brown Creeper, one Townsend's Warbler, One Downy Woodpecker, & two Orange-crowned Warblers.

Later in the large Oak & smaller Oak trees, one Red Breasted Sapsucker, eight Townsend's Warblers,

Thank you Brian Turner for finding the Black-throated Green Warbler.

Good Birding,
Lee Guichan