Fort Mason Local Interest

David Assmann

Lots of activity this morning, although nothing rare. I counted BROWN PELICANS passing by for 30 minutes, and counted 432 - the stream was constant. A MERLIN scared some RED-MASKED PARAKEETS in the Battery.  There were two HOUSE WRENS - one in the garden and one in the Battery. Also two RED-BREASTED SAPSUCKERS. A NASHVILLE WARBLER continues in the lower Battery. Saw two WESTERN TANAGERS (Battery and Garden). There were seven WESTERN MEADOWLARKS on the Great Meadow. Just before I left seven WESTERN BLUEBIRDS flew in east of the garden.