Red-naped Sapsucker, G.G.P., 18th Oct.

Lee Guichan

Hello,
Yesterday near the Fuschia Dell while looking at the Chestnut-sided Warbler at 10:15 am, the Red-naped Sapsucker flew into the same tree that the Chestnut-sided Warbler has been seen in, it stayed for three seconds & flew out.
I thought it might go the the Plane tree or Sycamore tree, where I saw it in on Oct. 13th, sure enough, 6 minutes later it was in the Plane tree. I watched it for ten minutes while it drilled & flittered on several very high branches.

The location is on the lawn area, walking East toward McLaren Lodge, there are two Plane or Sycamore trees (leaves are large, with fall foliage), John F. Kennedy Drive, paved path off of JFK Drive, path is closer to shrubs where the upper trail is closed, there are two benches, (bench that has the plaque in memory to John H. Johnson) the tree in front of that bench is where the
Red-naped Sapsucker was.

There were three Townsend's Warblers, two Yellow-rumped Warblers also in the tree.

Good birding,
Lee Guichan