SF City Cumulative List Update/ "Missing" species

H Cotter

All,
I will update the full City cumulative list in a few days but wanted to send out an update.

It has been a good year and fall in particular and the cumulative list currently, (as of Oct 15), stands at 289 species total for the year.
Our entire total for last year was 288 species.
Our highest total ever was 295 species in 2015.
Therefore we have good chance of beating 2015 and even getting to 300 species for the year.
There are still a few "annual" species that we have missed to date that still might be possible including:
  • Harlequin Duck
  • Common Merganser
  • Long-billed Dowitcher
  • Red Knot
  • Pectoral Sandpiper
Let me know if anyone finds any of these:-)

I do expect a few more surprises for the year especially over the next couple of weeks.

Hugh