Re: mystery warbler at Middle Lake, GGP, Oct. 12

Joe Morlan

How about Orange-crowned Warbler?

On Fri, 12 Oct 2018 21:57:35 +0000 (UTC), "Lee-Hong Chang via Groups.Io"
<lhchang825=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi sfbirders,
Decided to look for Philadelphia Vireo and Norther Waterthrush at Middle Lake in Golden Gate Park this morning, Oct. 12. At about 10:45 am, Mark Mushkat altered several birders that there was a possible Tennessee Warble foraging low in shrubs near water's edge on south side of the lake. At 11:15 am, the bird flew out of its
favorite spot and headed south towards Old Speedway Meadow. We then lost sight of the bird. After some discussion, Terry Watson brought up the possibility that this bird was a first year Black-throated Blue Warbler. Alan Hopkins showed up and we showed him the photos. He also suggested that the ID of the bird was BTBW. For more
details, please see my ebird report at the following link.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S49142228
Your ID help is appreciated.
Good birding,
Lee Chang