Re: Migrant Wave at Fort Mason; Brewer's Sparrow in Presidio

Smokey Bear

Did anyone else see a large (?) raptor, brown all over, broad wings, and small, narrow tail (or tail held in tight?), flying west over Aquatic Park and Ft Mason about 10:50 this morning? I didn’t notice a large head. Got good long looks but s/he was flying high up and that’s all the field marks I could get.

Good morning at Ft Mason.

Anna

On Sep 2, 2018, at 14:59, David Assmann via Groups.Io <david_assmann@...> wrote:

A wave of migrants came through the Fort Mason Community Garden this morning - at one point a flock of eight WESTERN TANAGERS flew into a tree on the western fence line.  I saw a minimum of 15 WESTERN TANAGERS, mostly in the garden.  The garden also had five ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS, four BLACK-THROATED GRAY WARBLERS, two YELLOW WARBLERS, a MACGILLIVRAY'S WARBLER, a COMMON YELLOWTHROAT, three WARBLING VIREOS, two WESTERN KINGBIRDS, a PACIFIC-SLOPED FLYCATCHER, a TOWNSEND'S WARBLER and a LAZULI BUNTING.  Bob Gunderson also spotted a Black-Headed Grosbeak.  In the Battery, a RED-BREASTED NUTHATCH and a WESTERN WOOD-PEWEE were seen. A WANDERING TATTLER was on the rocks in Aquatic Park.  At about 10 I headed over to the Presidio, where the BREWER'S SPARROW continued west of Wedemeyer Road (across the street from the preschool) - viewed along with Calvin, Lee, Jonah and Felix.