Re: Parakeet Auklet, 7/13

Robert Martin

Seen in the surf to the left of hermit rock, then perched on rock just to left of hermit rock.  Seen between 1130am and 1215pm 7/13 .

At 1215 flew up to the back of hermit rock.

Thanks and good luck all.

On Thursday, July 12, 2018, 08:09, Paul Saraceni <paulsaraceni@...> wrote:

15 minutes ago (7:55 am), the Parakeet Auklet appeared in front of several birders on the front of the same Hermit Rock, then flew some circles and landed on another rock to the left where it is now.

Paul Saraceni
San Francisco

On Jul 10, 2018, at 1:21 PM, Patricia Mahoney via Groups.Io <listpat@...> wrote:

7/10/18, 12:15-1:00 pm: Parakeet Auklet sat out on the upper-left side of Hermit Rock  before it disappeared again. I missed its departure.

Pat Mahoney
Hayward

On Jul 10, 2018, at 12:24 PM, Dan Harris <dh1236@...> wrote:

Parakeet Auklet returned for about 15 minutes around 11am. I was with Emily and Anna; it was spotted by Anna. The Auklet was again in the water close to shore on left side of viewing area until it flew to the right, circled around and landed on backside of Hermit Rock.
Dan Harris
San Francisco

On Tue, Jul 10, 2018 at 9:46 AM Alan Hopkins <alanhopkins@...> wrote:
The Parakeet Auklet was seen this morning at around 8am. It was in the water close to shore, it flew off behind Hermit Rock and out of sight. I left at a little after 9 and it had not been re-found. A Common Tern flew west around the point at about 7:45.

Alan S. Hopkins
San Francisco, CA

--
—Dan