Signs of spring - Glen Canyon Park

David Armstrong

I took a walk through the canyon at lunch today, lots of activity and birdsong. Highlight for me was a Golden-crowned Kinglet which is a species I had yet to see in GCP. There were also around 20 Townsend's, many Yellow-rumped, 3 Wilson's, and 2 Orange-crowned Warblers, singing Purple Finch, calling Nuttall's and Downy Woodpeckers, Pine Siskin, Hutton's Vireo and a briefly-seen empid (likely PS Flycatcher). Most of the activity was in the boardwalk area, best observed from the trail on the west side of the creek.

David Armstrong