Local Interest - Caspian Tern, Brant, Barn Swallow, Orchard Oriole

David Assmann

Made a loop around the foggy City this morning starting at Heron's Head Park.  My fos CASPIAN TERN flew over shortly after I got there. 23 AMERICAN WIGEON were feeding on the grass right next to the main path.  Had two LINCOLN'S SPARROWS, and a WESTERN MEADOWLARK sitting on a post, contemplating whether or not it was time to sing. At the end of the trail, I was surprised to see four BRANT, flying south. At Lake Merced, a BARN SWALLOW was in with the many TREE SWALLOWS and two VIOLET-GREEN SWALLOWS. Final stop, as the sun was starting to come through the fog, was North Lake. Got good looks at two ORANGE-CROWNED WARBLERS and was watching a NASHVILLE WARBLER when I heard chattering behind me.  I turned around and there was the young male ORCHARD ORIOLE https://www.flickr.com/photos/davidasf/39859545175/in/dateposted-public/