Yesterday at the west end of Alameda Island Saturday Mar 10

rosita94598

It is crazy that the tip of Alameda is in San Francisco, but I did not make the rules.  Yesterday, my wife and I were there with a group of high schoolers doing some habitat restoration for the coming Caspian Tern nesting season.  We were working with the US Fish & Wildlife Service biologist--this is definitely not a public access area.

But we did have a couple of Caspian Terns flying around and at one point we had a Barn Swallow, too.  During our lunch break, a Peregrine Falcon zoomed over the pond area, apparently coming from the west or northwest.  It kept right on going.

Hugh B. Harvey
Walnut Creek