Fantastic day out on the water today.

Alvaro Jaramillo

Hello all,

     Today was a really pleasant and fun day to be on a pelagic. Nice light, super clear skies, and a great assortment of birds. Our highlights were multiple views of Flesh-footed Shearwater, being conservative we are calling it one bird although it could have been two different birds as it was found on multiple occasions over a period of time. Similarly, multiple sightings of South Polar Skua, minimum two birds and a total of about 6 individual sightings. The Flesh-foot and Skuas were in San Francisco county. Lots of Pink-footed, Sooty, and Buller’s shearwaters, a couple of Ashy Storm Petrels, the common alcids plus Tufted Puffin. Great views of many Black-footed Albatross, some nice Pomarines and Parasitic jaegers as well. Certain parts of the route were just wonderful, action packed, and the views of everything today seemed to be good to exceptional. The whale show was fantastic, being surrounded by Blue Whales at times, many Humpbacks, again just outstanding views in good weather. Running back home we came across a group of Risso’s Dolphins, which gave great views….once again.

    Good birds, good whales, awesome views, nice weather. It was an outstanding day.

Out again in October from Half Moon Bay, and this weekend in Monterey.

http://alvarosadventures.com/boat-trips/pelagics/

alvaro@...