Re: Dead Hawk

Peter & Amy

D.,

That would make sense.  And then possibly caught while dying or eaten after dead.  I saw no body or head, just wings, tail and one set of talons.

A.

On Jul 19, 2017, at 2:18 PM, Dominik Mosur <polskatata@...> wrote:

Hi Amy,

There's evidence to suggest this hawk may have perished due to rodenticide use by one of the facilities in the area. I have heard anecdotal reports of owls and hawks affected by the anticoagulant poisons dying in that area on a number of occasions. They may be drawn to the water in the fountain there.

Dominik Mosur
San Francisco

On Jul 19, 2017, at 11:24, Peter & Amy oshunoxt@... [SFBirds] <SFBirds-noreply@...> wrote:

Not sure if anyone keeps track of dead raptors. It's in the parking lot of the Legion of Honor. Appears to have been preyed upon and then run over by cars. Such a pity.

Amy Kuhlmann